The popularity of soccer makes it a tough game to handicap. Soccer bookmakers are very skilled at setting sharp odds. You’ll need to use every tool in your arsenal to get one over on soccer oddsmakers and take every bit of value out of the lines that you can find.
Soccer Betting Tips and Basic Strategy
- Bankroll Management: Bankroll management is the single most important skill to have as a Agen Bola Terbesar bettor. No matter how good you are, it is guaranteed that you will sometimes see stretches of losing wagers. Our recommendation is to never risk more than 5% of your bankroll on any single bet. As your bankroll experiences normal fluctuations, always alter the size of your wagers to stick to that 5% maximum.
- Starting Lineup: One of the most important points to consider in any matchup is the starting lineup. And I don’t mean just the possible or expected lineup, but the official released lineup. This is important to take into account, especially in relation to each team’s top goal scorers. If you have a player responsible for scoring 40% of a team’s goals, it may help to know he’s not slated to play.
- Stick with Your Comfort Zone: With the biggest soccer betting sites covering upwards of 60 leagues and hosting wagers 365 days a year, there are plenty of opportunities to step outside your core competency areas. Stick with the leagues you know and choose your spots based on actual knowledge, not out of a sense of optimism.
- Learn Live Betting: Live betting has opened up soccer betting markets to a whole new level with the bigger games seeing nearly 100 in-play markets. As nice as this is, don’t let it get out of control. Your live soccer wagers should be placed just as methodically as any other wager. Learn the markets and how they react to different events. Spend some time watching games and see how the odds change based on events on the field.
- Avoid Large Accumulators: Multi-leg accumulators look beautiful from the outside – putting up a mere £5 for a chance to win £1000 or more is tempting indeed. However, the true odds of large soccer accumulators are terrible in comparison to the payout odds. Soccer betting sites make a fortune off large accumulators.
- Always Consider Schedule and Motivation: Motivation behind a game can play a big role into a how a team will fare. A team playing a fixture near the end of the season with nothing to gain aren’t likely going to be a good bet against a team that’s pushing for vital points to either stay in the league or win the league. Schedule and motivation are already priced into the lines, but it’s still something you need to keep in mind as you research each wager.
- Shop Around: Soccer oddsmakers don’t always set the same lines. Open an account at a several reputable soccer betting sites. Check the odds at each site for your picks and get the most for your money every time. There is no easier way to increase your return than to shop around for the best soccer betting odds.
- Log your Wager: Start tracking every wager you place. Keep track of dates, your selections, the odds, the outcome, and notes on why you picked the team you did. Over time, you’ll build a respectable database from which you can extract trends that show where you’re the most profitable and where you’re leaking money.